Art is what we imagine ourselves to be
Our aim at MSTYP is to give our students the ability to think creatively, imaginatively and critically about the world they are growing up in. We ask them to use art, and theatre as a medium to interact with each other and interpret the ideas of our time.
Our version of drama training combines body, voice, story and space.
Our Drama Centre...
- Places creativity at the centre of our work
- Allows young people to work with the best possible artists
- Builds a vibrant community of like-minded young people
- Develops creative expression and skills in theatre performance.
MSTYP has been a leader in theatre education since 1969, offering workshops for ages five to adults, where young people can learn in a professional theatre environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
1) Weekly Classes:
3) Accessible Classes for young people with an intellectual disability
AUDITION FOR MSTYP PRODUCTIONS
In conjunction with our Drama Centre, each year MSTYP produces a professional season of work, presenting 3 shows per year.
Our productions, often based on classic stories, provide our young people the chance to experience working and perfoming in a professional theatre environment led by industry professionals.
Check out our audition page to see what's coming up and how to get involved.