FAQ's - Online Drama
See our FAQ's about face-to-face drama here.
Will the other students and teachers be able to see me? (I don't want people to see my home)
Are the classes recorded? What's the difference between this and a pre-recorded YouTube Class?
- We've never done drama before...will we be OK?
Have more questions? Get in contact!
info @mstyp.org.au or 02 9880 2356
You can view our Terms and Conditions here.
We use Zoom - we will send out a link and a password in the confirmation email. Zoom is one of the most widely used online educational platforms.
Want to see if you can use it now? Try it!
1) Go to Zoom’s website here
2) Click “Host a Meeting” (no one else will be there unless you invite them – this is just a meeting with you by yourself)
3) Select “with Video on”
4) Click “Open Zoom”
5) You should be able to see and hear just yourself. For group classes you will be able to see the tutors and other students who are participating.
We take every step possible to ensure all children can participate in our online classes safely. This includes:
- Tutors take the roll at the beginning of class - if there is anyone attending whose name is not on the class list, they are then removed.
- All classes are password protected, and each have specific links. We ask all students to use their name in Zoom.
- The screen sharing function for students is turned off. Screen sharing is only possible from the tutor's computer.
- Our tutors and participants must abide by our Child Safe Policy online, just as they do in person. All staff have a Working With Children Check and undergo training prior to taking their first class.
- We encourage open communication between students, parents and MSTYP. Communication is key to a child safe environment, online as well as in person.
Yes! We often do Trial classes - find out when the next trial is available and enrol here.
Yes! But you have full control over this and can turn your video/sound off. To get the most from class, we suggest leaving it on.
I don't want people to see my home. How do I participate?
Easy - Zoom allows you to use a virtual background! Pick an image from outer space, or one from a forest - get creative! This will hide what is behind you.
Classes are not recorded. Online classes are interactive, and happen in real time. You can ask questions, participate in group exercises, and see you fellow students. It's a great learning environment.
To get the best value from the course we encourage students to turn on the video and sound when participating, as they are interactive – most smartphone and laptops have the required capabilities already build in. All tutors abide by our child safety protocols online as they do in face-to-face classes. All have valid Working With Children Checks.
Anywhere! These classes are designed for student in Australia, and times are listed as local Sydney time.
The NSW government is giving each NSW school aged child with a Medicare card a $100 voucher to be used on creative arts programs with registered providers. You can find out more, and apply online here.
We do not accept Active Kids Vouchers.
If a Creative Kids Voucher isn’t valid we will get in contact for the remainder of the payment to be paid online via credit card prior to the class. If this isn’t paid within 48hrs, we will cancel the enrolment.
Parents and carers can join their children for these online classes, or be nearby providing overall supervision. Face-to-Face classes are best done with just the children and young people.
100% yes! Many parents enrol their children in drama to develop confidence and speaking skills. Our teachers are very experienced at working with a range of needs and we often get shy students, as well as those with experience.
I'm still not sure - can I talk to someone?
Yes, of course. Give us a buzz on 02 9880 2356. We are a small office, so if we're not there, leave us a message and we will get back to you. You can also email us at info @mstyp.org.au